We are looking for a City Manager to join our team in as we launch our new market in Tempe, Arizona. Remoov is a one-of-a-kind service that picks ups and sells, donates or recycles items from residences or businesses. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, operationally focused startup that is changing the multi-billion-dollar resale goods category with much opportunity for growth. You can learn more about us by visiting www.remoovit.com.
What We Need
We're looking for someone who loves the rough-and-tumble of a fast-paced start-up. The person we hire will be managing all day-to-day operations associated with picking up, moving, warehousing, and fulfilling thousands of sale items housed in a 15,000 sq ft warehouse in Tempe. After a month of training, you will be expected to run the Phoenix market independently, reporting to the VP Operations in San Francisco. This is a chance for anyone who is smart, ambitious and has entrepreneurial aspirations.
Who You Are
You love solving problems on the fly as well as creating structure and processes to help our operations grow. You love being on your feet – this is a physically demanding job that requires moving a lot of heavy stuff. Your attention to detail is impeccable and your communication skills are superlative. You embrace new challenges and are always willing to learn from mistakes and improve. Management and logistics experience is a plus.
• Manage a crew of 10-12 movers and small warehouse team
• Field calls from moving teams and customers to solve problems and ensure maximum customer satisfaction• When necessary, lead pickups (which involves driving a large box truck and moving items out of homes and businesses)
• Respond to customer support tickets
• Oversee the shipping and delivery of all sale items out of our warehouse
• Ensure warehouse is clean and well-organized. Everyday you will manage large numbers of items entering and leaving our warehouse, so strong organizational skills are essential
• Collaborate with VP of Operations to develop training materials and new hire on-boarding processes to help us launch other new markets
• Work with software development team to improve and refine our technology to bring greater efficiencies to our operation
• Develop incentive structures to continually motivate your team to improve and excel
• Identify cost-savings in our operations budget that will make us leaner and meaner as we expand
This is a full-time position that includes benefits + equity. We prefer that you can be on call (but not present in the warehouse) at least one weekend day per week. You must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
Please attach your resume and a few sentences about why you feel you would be a good fit. And to help us get to know you a little better, please tell us about your favorite vacation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers