compensation: $11.00 to $13.00 depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Please apply at arizonagrandresort.com/careers
Title: Greenskeeper II Department: Golf
Reports to: Superintendent Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Date: 07/02/2015
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendant, perform ground maintenance duties including maintaining greens, tees, fairways, vegetation and landscaped areas.
• Prepare and maintain golf course
• Prepare and plant sod, trees, shrubs, and flowers
• Clean and perform routine maintenance on ground maintenance equipment and tools
• Maintain turf by aerification, slicing, and topdressing
• Perform a variety of general grounds keeping duties including raking, weeding, trimming trees, and fertilizing
• Operate and maintain a variety of grounds maintenance equipment and tools including riding and pushing mowers, weed eaters , blowers, edgers, trimmers, tractors, over seeders, rototillers, sod cutter, wood chipper, hand and power tools, and other grounds maintenance tools and equipment
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year of golf course maintenance preferred
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Learn methods in performing general grounds maintenance and reconstruction work
• Understand and follow oral and written directions
• Work cooperatively with others
• Practice and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
• Lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds
• Work in a desert environment
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The Arizona Grand Resort’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at Arizona Grand Resort, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and naturally grand associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers