Announcing openings in my violin studio beginning in September!
QR Code Link to This Post
- Doctoral Candidate (Violin), Arizona State University
- Master of Music (Violin), University of Michigan
- Artist Diploma (Violin), Robert McDuffie Center for Strings
- Graduate, European American Musical Alliance in Paris, France
- Bachelor of Music (Violin), BYU
- 23 years as a Violin Performer
- 10+ years of teaching experience
- Suzuki certified books 1-8
- Music Theory, Rhythm/Dictation, Ear Training and Composition
- Classical, Celtic, Bluegrass, Fiddle, Jazz
All levels welcome to apply: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
All ages welcome: I have taught students between the ages of 3 and 65.
A doctoral candidate at Arizona State University, violinist Sarah Abbott has concertized throughout the US and Europe. She holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Michigan, an Artist Diploma from the Robert McDuffie Center for Strings, and a Bachelor’s Degree from Brigham Young University. Sarah is also a graduate of the European American Musical Alliance located in Paris, France where she performed the Debussy sonata and premiered Veni, Sancte Spiritus by Eric Piazdora. While studying at the Robert McDuffie Conservatory, she soloed Spring by Antonio Vivaldi and played alongside artists such as Lynn Harrell, Robert McDuffie, Gil Shaham and Stefan Jackiw.
Sarah has held the concertmaster position in the BYU Philharmonic, the BYU Baroque Ensemble, and the McDuffie Symphony. In 2014, she was awarded the National Federation of Music Clubs Award at the Aspen Music Festival and School. Later that year, she won the BYU Concerto Competition and soloed with Concerto No. 1 by Sergei Prokofiev.
Sarah has been teaching for over ten years and is Suzuki certified from books 1-8. She aims to help students excel by tailoring lessons to help her students meet specific goals. Sarah’s top priority is to inspire a love of music in students of all ages and capabilities.