compensation: Starting hourly wage is $27.8789 for a 40-hour week and excellent benefits for employee and dependents. employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Office Manager works in a fast-paced environment providing support to staff -- ensuring the efficient operation of the office with primary responsibility for secretarial and reception functions, administrative support, office and facility management.
• Computer proficiency, including Word (55 wpm), Excel, and Access
• Five years’ experience as an office manager
• Experience handling multiple demands, planning and prioritizing workflow to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be solution focused
• Highly accurate in attending to detail and follow-through
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with people from diverse backgrounds
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Commitment to social change and activism (knowledge of unions a plus)
• Word processing (letters, contracts, flyers, forms, mailings); spreadsheet and database creation and maintenance
• Greet visitors, route incoming calls, and provide general information to callers
• Receive and sort incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail; handle faxes
• Maintain office records and files
• Order, maintain and distribute office supplies
• Troubleshoot office machines
• Serve as liaison with Facilities Manager to coordinate maintenance/repair of equipment and building
• Track meeting calendars and conference room reservations, coordinating food and supplies
• Orient new employees: keys, alarm system, email and general procedures
• Contribute to a supportive and productive work environment by taking initiative and bringing issues to the attention of appropriate staff member
• Able to sit at the computer for up to two hours at a time
• Able to bend, sit, stand and stoop
• Able to lift up to ten (10) pounds
SEIU-UHW offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefit package.
SEIU-UHW is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. To apply please visit our candidate portal at http://seiuunitedhealthcareworkers.appone.com/.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers