The Delivery Specialist is responsible for delivering customer orders in a safe, productive, time sensitive and customer sensitive manner on a daily basis.
1. Load, unload and secure product to ensure customers receive clean and damage free merchandise
2. Delivers product to customer locations, utilizing a hand truck or pallet jack, meeting established delivery goals. Collect and track customer returns within a specified time frame.
3. Operate delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. Responsible for the vehicle and its contents..
4. Complete daily route and all appropriate paperwork. Communicate obstacles in Tier meeting that prohibit us from meeting our established goals.
5. Complete daily pre and post trip checklists.
6. Perform job functions consistent with all company safety policies and practices.
7. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
• Minimum 1 year experience in related field
• Experience in the delivery of small packages preferred. Depending on state CDL may be required.
• Previous customer service experience preferred.
• Experience in the use of pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklift preferred.
• Valid driver's license
• Clean driving record
• Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), only required for operating delivery vehicle exceeding 26,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
• Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency).
• Ability to represent the company professionally when making customer deliveries
• Have good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, customer service, productivity, etc
• Basic product knowledge
• Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment
• Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area.
If interested please apply at jobs.officedepot.com req number 16724
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers