compensation: Compensation: $16.00 to $22.00 per hour. employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Make a personalized difference in a child's life! We are seeking talented, reliable, experienced Tutors for students, all grades, all subjects, including test preparation. We help both struggling and gift students reach their full potential by supplementing the instruction they receive in class and guiding them towards study practices and aides that can help them excel. This is an Independent Contractor position, paid every 2 weeks. One of our Education Consultants will do an in-home consultation to assess and understand the student's goals and learning style BEFORE tutor placement! The Education Consultant will match you with students that can benefit from your area(s) of expertise. You will then work with the individual student one-on-one and document their progress. You will work collaboratively with the student’s teacher to further identify the student’s needs and provide instruction materials. You set the tutoring schedule that meets both the student’s needs and yours! Sessions range from 60-105 min. We will help you with the system, marketing, tutor support and placement - YOU help the student and family change the trajectory of their lives!!
• 1 to 2 years proven experience providing educational instruction or tutoring to children and/or young adults.
• Experience tutoring in Math and English or established proficiency in subject matter.
• Associate’s degree, or two (2) years or more of full-time college coursework. A bachelor’s degree is a plus but
• Ability to work after school hours, nights and weekends.
• Resourcefulness, patience and creativity to find alternate ways to help your learner!
• Ability to develop positive rapport with students and families.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Access to a computer to complete session reports and accept tutoring assignments.
• Must be able to pass a Level 1 background check or provide a valid Fingerprint card.
• Reliable transportation is a must.
• Teaching Certificate.
• Experience with providing SAT/ACT and/or AP Examination Preparation.
• Experience with ADD and/or Autism, and ESL Certifications.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish
Tutor Doctor is a privately-owned tutoring company with a mission to provide a collaborative, one-to-one approach to tutoring, working together with the child to identify the perfect tutor and the right strategies for success. Tutor Doctor has been in business over 10 years and has helped over 200,000 students in 16 countries. Please visit our website to learn about our method and model, and decide if you are ready to make a difference!
*We have positions available in – Mesa and Queen Creek. If you are interested in applying, please respond by applying online at www.tutordoctor.com/gateway
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers