Compensation: Depending on experience
QR Code Link to This Post
Employment type: full-time
Granite Countertop Company looking for a Bookkeeper and HR Specialist
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
• Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
• Assisting in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
• Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
• Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
• Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
• Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees
• Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed
• Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
• Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
• Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
• Overseeing hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks
Education and Experience
*High School Diploma or equivalent
*business college training an advantage
*MUST have previous office experience including HR & Accounting experience
*competent computer skills including MS Office MUST know Excel
*MUST know QuickBooks (3 years experience)
*internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
*organization and planning skills
*work management and prioritizing skills
*verbal and written communication skills
*problem solving ability
*attention to detail
Some Saturdays will be required to work. Looking for someone who is a part of the team and doesn't mind working after hours if needed.