QR Code Link to This Post
Hawaiian Experience Spa is the number one rated day spa in the Phoenix, AZ area. We opened our first spa in Scottsdale in 2007 to spread the spirit of aloha through Hawaiian massage, organic facials and other spa treatments. We have since doubled the size of the Scottsdale spa and added two additional locations in Chandler and Goodyear, AZ. The spas are guided by our Spirit of Aloha Commitment shown below.
Our Spirit of Aloha Commitment
- To provide an exceptional relaxation or therapeutic spa experience to every client every time.
To provide an exceptional, rewarding and enjoyable work experience to our 'ohana (employees) by treating them like partners, not commodities.
To spread the Spirit of Aloha so more people, both clients and 'ohana, can benefit from the Hawaiian Experience.
Provide clients with massage therapy and spa treatments. Services range from relaxation to medical level therapy. Work as part of a team to ensure each client has an exceptional relaxation or therapeutic experience each and every time.
Part and full-time positions are available, as are positions for new or experienced therapists.
Responsibilities and Duties
Every 'ohana member's job is to help to make sure each client has an exceptional experience each visit. You will do this by:
- Providing exceptional massages and spa treatments
- Greeting clients in the spa lounge and escorting them to the treatment room. All clients are already wearing robes so they do not need to change in the room, saving you time
- Reviewing client medical forms and asking follow up questions so you are prepared to provide the best experience for that client
- Writing complete treatment notes
- Getting clients to realize the benefit of regular massage therapy
- Setting up your treatment room neatly
- Cleaning your treatment room after each visit
- Checking your schedule online
In this position, if you do not have an appointment at any time you do not have to stay at the spa as long as you can return within 45 minutes should a last minute appointment come in. We value your time and offer this flexibility to help you have a better work/life balance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed massage therapist in State of Arizona
- Must be excited about performing Lomi Lomi Massage Therapy. We will provide complete training in this amazing form of bodywork.
- Be in good physical condition and be able to present a healthy outlook to clients
- Love massage therapy and helping people relax and get out of pain
- Be able to write detailed treatment notes
- Be willing to work as part of a team
Pay, Benefits and Perks
- Starting pay per hourly treatment ranges from $15 to $20 per hour based on experience
- Average gratuity is $20/hr - This can significantly increase your take home pay compared to chiropractor offices, clinics and other non-spa environments.
- Less slow times then most area businesses due to our membership and other marketing where we actively try to keep therapists busy
- No laundry or other unrelated work tasks (each spa has multiple spa administrators who handle those duties so you can mainly focus on therapy).
- Training in Lomi Lomi massage. This amazing form of bodywork can have a profound effect on your career.
- 1 week paid vacation for each year that you work at the spa (up to 5 weeks total) for full time employees
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance with employer contributions
- Employer Sponsored IRA with matching
- 35% discount on products
- Employee massages, facials and body treatments for only $15 per hour
- Free use of the sauna
- You may provide free treatments to your family and/ or friends at the spa
- Family discounts
- Relaxed dress code and the freedom to be unique (i.e., piercings, tattoos, pink hair, are all great!)
- The spa manager and the founder of the spa are massage therapists - we understand the challenges