compensation: 10.50 per hour plus benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Under general supervision, the Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in assigned areas, such as resident homes, common areas, dining room and other locations in the community. The Housekeeper performs cleaning duties adhering to approved department cleaning procedures. As a representative and team member of environmental services department, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Follows work schedules;
• Cleans bathrooms, including toilets, sinks, tubs, showers and floors; replenishes paper supplies and soap as necessary;
• Cleans kitchen areas, including counter tops, floors, appliances and sinks;
• Dusts and cleans desks and other furniture, doors, baseboards and window sills;
• Sweeps, mops and vacuums floor surfaces and furniture; may spot clean carpets;
• Washes windows;
• Maintains an organized and stocked work cart at all times while ensuring that chemicals are properly labeled and stored and the work cart is locked when in common areas or while unattended.
• Empties trash receptacles; may deposit recyclable material in proper receptacles;
• May drive an electric cart or push a utility cart within the retirement community;
• Takes note of safety concerns and needed repairs and reports to supervisor;
• May change bed linens once weekly (or as necessary) in Assisted Living Lodge and Health Center;
• May sweep around dining room tables in dining room after breakfast and noon meal;
• Responsible for adhering to HIPPA privacy rules and company policies, procedures and practices which require that resident-identifiable health information will only be used to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Maintains resident and family confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations, and company Commitment to Quality and Employee Standards of Conduct.
• Maintains familiarity with S.D.S. sheets for all products in use.
• Uses Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) as required
• Attends all appropriate training, seminars and workshops.
• Completes all required computer-based training by the due date.
• Upon patient discharge, clean and disinfect room, bed, furniture, bathroom, cabinets and clothes closet in a timely fashion;
• Ensures that clinical areas are sanitized in accordance with established Infectious Disease Control Policies and Procedures.
• Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as required;
• Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program;
• Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
• Promotes and protects the rights of each resident;
• Performs other related essential work as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to read, speak and understand English.
To view our current openings and apply online, follow the steps below:
Go to www.humangood.org
Click on "Careers"
Click "View Current Career Opportunities"
Off to the left, click "See all locations" -- this will bring up a list of all of our communities
Select "Terraces of Phoenix" -- this will bring up a list of the openings at our location.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers