Markham Contracting Co., Inc. was founded in Phoenix in 1977. Since then, we have grown to be one of Arizona's largest full service grading, paving, concrete, wet utility and general engineering contractors throughout Arizona. Markham Contracting currently has an immediate opening for the following:
Construction Project Assistant
Construction Project Assistant is the liaison between project management, accounting and estimating in an administrative capacity for Project Managers. As a Construction Accountant you will be involved in verifying cost information of internal and external sources, maintaining appropriate records, preparing purchase orders, change orders, subcontracts and correspondence for assigned projects. 2-3 years of construction experience preferred.
• Ability to represent Markham in a professional manner
• Possess excellent communication and grammatical skills.
• Ability to handle several tasks at one time with good organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in a professional and precise manner.
• Have above average office and writing skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications: Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Possess basic knowledge of accounting practices and utilization of accounting software.
• Obtain general construction knowledge. (Preferred, not required)
Markham Contracting is a heavy highway and infrastructure construction firm, self-performing grading, paving, water, sewer, storm drain and concrete installations. Our projects are quality-built to last generations. In our 40th year of operation, the company specializes in multiple areas of construction: commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, city, county and state. Our organization takes pride in its ability to self-perform the majority of its projects and deliver efficiency, control and competitive bids without compromising quality.
We are continually expanding to serve the needs of our clients and are building an A-player team to help drive that growth. If you have an unquestionably strong work ethic and commitment to quality, you would fit in well here and we'd like to talk with you.
Our EOE Company participates in the E-Verify program, and drug testing.
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers