Are you a smoker who wants to quit?
QR Code Link to This Post
Arizona State University is looking for regular smokers who are at least age 21 and want to quit smoking, to participate in a study investigating a medication (Chantix) or a placebo for smoking cessation. This study involves taking medication for up to 12 weeks, completing up to 5 visits (total of 8 hours for all visits combined) over 6 months, and completing 3 telephone visits.
You will be asked to:
• Use a study medication for up to 12 weeks
• Provide information at each visit on your experience with the medication and smoking status
• 25% of the subjects will be asked to respond to several short text messages for the first two weeks about your experience with the medication and smoking status.
• Provide a breath sample at each visit to determine smoking status
• There will be a urine test for drugs of abuse at the screening visit.
Participation is voluntary. Participants will be compensated up to $410 for their participation.
To get more information about the study and complete a screening survey, please call show contact info
and ask about the “Smoking Cessation Study.”