Job opening: Farm Attendant, Senior (Maricopa, AZ) job posting S26625
QR Code Link to This Post
To view details and to apply on-line, please go to uacareers.com and click “search” to enter job posting number S26625 for additional information or assistants, please contact Clint Jones 520-705-2410
The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Farm Attendant, Senior (Full-time) Job summary: The Farm Attendant, Senior will perform farm activities such as operates farm equipment, applies chemicals to fields and assist with planting and harvesting. This position requires working outdoors in all weather conditions and may be required to work night shift and weekends if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates a wide variety of farm equipment including tractors, cotton pickers, combines, etc.
• Assists in planting, fertilizing, cultivating, and harvesting of field crops.
• Uses GPS equipped tractors and other harvest equipment.
• Applies fertilizer, herbicide and other chemicals to fields.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance operations of farm equipment.
• Hand weeding and other miscellaneous labor as needed.
• Additional duties may be assigned
The selected candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record, upon the first day of employment.
This position is located at The University of Arizona, Maricopa Agricultural Center 37860 W. Smith-Enke Road, Maricopa, AZ 85138
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!